Monday, July 30, 2007

Rebuilding The Temple

Yesterday we went to Trinity again. Really glad my sons went for their own respective worship service/programmes and Jonathan seems ok with the place! He wasn't so open at Bethesda Cathedral before. As for Brandon, he has no problem gelling in anywhere!! Haha. He said he has found a new "best friend" at DiscoveryLand already!! Hahaha!

So Kit and I went for the adult service on our own. The worship was good though many of the songs were new to us cos they are written by Trinitarians themselves. The worship leader was Rev Beatrice Kang, an executive pastor at Trinity. Find her a very respectable woman of God.

The message was good 'cos I needed it. Pastor Margaret Tay preached the 1st of series of 3 sermons on the book of Haggai on the theme of "revival". I read Haggai a little bit beforehand and thought the message would be about how we need to get our priorities right and not concentrate on building our own career, family and forget God's church etc. I have heard so many of such sermons and frankly am quite tired of them. But Ps Margaret's message was really quite different. Her message was good! She is so knowledgable and able to help the congregation make connections between the books of Haggai, Zechariah, Jeremiah and even Ezra! Kit said he felt like he attended a mini lecture but yet there was altar call so it was not really just a lecture.

Ps Margaret took pains to explain to the congregation the significance of the "temple" which is a place where God dwelt and met with His people. She helped us apply this to our own lives and showed us that showed us that we are now the temple of God 'cos the Holy Spirit dwells within us. So the application of Haggai to us is really not to neglect this temple, our very own self, and to keep the fire burning in this temple of ours for our Lord. It is essentially a message about personal revival.

I said I needed this message cos my fire for God is running low. In fact, it is almost in danger of being snuffed out. At times, I even asked myself, "what is the point of being a Christian? Am I deluding myself that there is a God who cares??"....so this message of revival was really much needed for me. Really thank God He really knows what we need, even before we ask of Him...I felt like an invisible hand had reached down the well to draw me out of it before I drowned....

Another good news - Jonathan got news from the RI teacher in charge of badminton yesterday that he has been confirmed offered a place in RI. I am happy for my son, cos this is what he desires. My prayer is that my son will continue to walk in the centre of God's will for his life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home