Monday, April 28, 2008

Saving to the Utmost

"God is able to save to the utmost...." this verse has been coming to me and I have been using these words to pray recently... This morning, during TAWG, I decided to check out which verse this is in the bible.

It turned out to be Hebrews 7:25... The Message bible says:

Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them.


I don't know about you but this verse comforts me a lot, especially in the light of recent happenings. It's a promise I am clinging on to, for my dear life and all my brothers and sisters in Christ....

Yesterday, during worship, the worship team led a song about "adoring Jesus" and Jesus is the "the sweetest name I know". I think these songs can be just an emotive exercise when we do not comprehend fully "Why adore Jesus?"

So what Jesus is begotten Son of God. So what He gave His life for us for our sins? So what he
died and rose again? Even if I buy into all these and am today a Christian, I still may not see how I can adore Him, until I realise what he is doing for me in the heavenlies...He's praying for me....

He's at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, not just glorying and basking in the worship and praise of the angels and elders and four living creatures. He's there, at the right hand of the Father, making petitions for you and for me....like the way he did when he prayed for the believers in John 20 "that they maybe one as we are one"... like how he prayed for Peter when he said "Peter, Peter, satan has asked for you to sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you Peter, that your faith will not fail.."

Have you ever been so down you felt you really need someone to pray for you or with you? Take comfort my friend. Jesus, our great High Priest, is already doing that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home