Saturday, April 19, 2008

God's Open Book Test

Feeling very down and confused...a friend is very upset with me for judging him for what he is trying to do....

But yesterday's devotion says this:

God often bring open-Book tests into our lives. We don't need to study for them. We simply need to open God's ook and apply it to each situation. His instructions for our lives are clearly and lovingly outlined in His Word. Each test is an opportunity to put our faith into action...

I stated the Word of God to my friend plainly. I admit I was wrong to be judgemental - it is wrong action that shd be judged, NOT the person. I really regret using the words "if you are a man of integrity, you will not do it". I pondered whether I should delete that but decided to use a bit of "ji jiang fa" but it back-fired! How stupid I am! I am so angry and upset with myself....the cost to pay for this stupid mistake is to lose a significant friendship of 20 over years...

But what's said is cannot be retracted. I can only ask my GOD and my REDEEMER to redeem my stupid mistake again. Holy Spirit, pls do Your work of conviction to bring about healing through repentance, reconciliation and restoration...please...

God seems to be comforting me yesterday morning through the following verse:

"But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I suffer the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ... NOT having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith..." - Philippians 3:7-9

Lord, please help us NOT to fail your "open- Book test"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home